Thanksgiving is less than a week from now. The last few days I have been consumed with thoughts of gratefulness and happiness about owning my own business. I can't explain the value of the freedom that it brings to my life. I wanted to share a few of these little bits of happiness with you. What are you most thankful for professionally?
8 things I am thankful for (in no particular order):
- The ability to own a business and the creative opportunities available to me. Working with such a variety of small businesses and helping them share their stories is so rewarding. One of my favorite parts is sitting down with a customer and hearing their story and helping them articulate it in a way that will engage their customers.
- Learning the value of networking. Never before have I known so many people who are completely passionate about what they do, love giving back to the community and helping others succeed.
- Challenging projects that push me outside of my comfort zone and help me think about marketing and communication differently. There is no one-size fits all marketing approach and each customer gets a customized solution - so. much. fun.
- All of the red pens I get to use when editing content. ;)
- Companies I can partner with to enhance the services I provide - the Lansing and Jackson area is rich with quality professionals. Thank goodness we don't have to know it all on our own.
- The decrease of stress in my life. Yes, owning a business can be hectic and sometimes stressful, but it is nothing like before! Having a healthy and happy work environment definitely helps!
- The exposure to always learn new things. I like to think of myself as a life-long student, so consistently learning new things about business, content marketing and communication strategies always gets me excited!
- And last but not least, the ability to make my own schedule. Next week we will be spending some much needed time with family and unplugging the best we can. Plan to see a blog post the first week of December.
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you can spend some time thinking about all of the things you are thankful for.
What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving traditions?
Connect with us!
Photo by Jake Givens